Wednesday, March 11, 2015

DIY Face Scrub

I mixed a few ingredients together hoping to make a scrub that I love about a week ago. The first time I used it I fell in love, but I figured to be on the safe side I would test it for a week and see the results... and I'm impressed!


I started off with coconut oil.




Coconut oil helps keep the skin moisturized. I have combination skin and its great on all areas for me because it helps regulate the moisture in the skin. Coconut oil is also believed to help with anti-aging of the skin. Since I buy mine as a solid I melted about two teaspoons worth to make it easier to mix. 


Once I had the oil melted I added a few dashes of cinnamon. 




Cinnamon actually has a lot of benefits for the skin. It naturally fights bacteria so if you are prone to acne or other skin irritants it can help reduce that. It increases collagen production in your skin and helps remove dead, flaky skin for a smooth appearance.


Next I added honey.




Honey also helps clear acne. It also opens up the pores to help them stay clear instead of being able to trap dirt, oils and bacteria inside. Honey is full of antioxidants which promotes anti-aging of the skin. It also helps create a glow-y complexion because how soothing and moisturizing it is. I only added a small amount of honey, but for anyone with dry skin I would add a little more.


And finally I mixed in the sugar.




Sugar is going to create the actual scrub. It will gently exfoliate your skin, however be sure to use fine sugar. Using large grains of it can be damaging to your skin. Sugar will help keep the moisture we just added from the honey and coconut oil locked it. By adding the sugar you will create younger, fresher looking skin because it will help break down the old cells and bring out the new ones. If you have very sensitive skin you might want to consider using brown sugar instead, it's a little softer and shouldn't irritate your skin as much.

The best part of making your own scrub is that it's 100% customizable! Based on what ingredients you need more of to help with your current skin condition you can add more in and have the perfect scrub for you. And not only does this scrub smell amazeballs (and I also love it as a lip exfoliator!) but my skin looks and feels brand new!  I wish I took pictures from the first day to today because the results have been incredible. I feel like my skin is glowing, the texture is so soft and smooth and I've been getting a million compliments.

Go ahead and try your own version and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment