Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rainbow Moments



Back in my Sunday school days, in 8th grade I believe, I had a teacher who was a little cooky, sorta wacky and dressed like you would assume a clown would on their day off. All weirdness aside, she was a really good person. Not going to lie, I don’t remember a whole lot about Sunday school, except I really didn’t have a choice but to go. However, I do remember one lesson in her class.
I’m sure we can all agree that the news and people in this world today are just depressing. Social networks either have people flaunting their happiness so much that it appears to be nothing but fake, or crying “poor me”. I’m not sure what happened to appreciating what we have and enjoying life, but it seems like the world today just wants more and more.

Anyways, back to Sunday school, we had a lesson that I refer to as “Rainbow Moments”. It’s so easy to focus on the bad in life and let the good things slip through our mind. The point of Rainbow Moments is to find gratefulness in every day and document it to see how much good fills up your life, and eventually you’ll become focused on happiness instead of whatever brings you down.
One of my best friends and I decided to make a Rainbow Moments notebook. We took it to school and would pass it throughout the day, adding in whatever made us smile or what we were grateful for. Before we knew it our little spiral notebook was running out of pages. But the biggest thing was our view of life. The laws of attraction show whatever you put into the universe is what you’ll get out of it, and what will come back to you. So by focusing our energy on good, more and more good was coming into our lives.

This follows the teachings of “The Secret”, which became popular years ago, especially when Oprah Winfrey exposed it on her hit talk show. Which: I highly recommend EVERYONE watch this, it’s available on Netflix, purchase it on their website, or in book form. It’s all about changing your mindset and putting good out into the universe so you can get good back into your life.
So today, start your own Rainbow Moments, whether it be online with a blog or forum, emailing them to me, a journal, thought jar, whatever you want. But the sooner you start focusing on putting good out there, the sooner you get good back.

No comments:

Post a Comment